Celebrating three years of building narratives with you.
Three years – we weren’t sure we’d make it that long. But here we are, and the momentum continues to build. We started with the idea that building out a larger narrative for your brand or for your cause would help you recruit customers, evangelists, and employees. So far so good. We’ve honed our processes and assets. We’ve demonstrated the process works reliably in almost all contexts, and most importantly – we’ve helped turn our clients into narrative builders themselves.
We are grateful for the people who have supported us and what we have achieved.
We are gearing up on what we have to look forward to.
Building Narratives has become a process of encouraging business leaders to plumb their real ideas and ambitions and to walk them through a process of building a cohesive story.
We have worked with executives, leaders, and teams with remarkably different approaches to their work.
- Nearly 3 dozen client narratives completed and deployed
- 21 websites launched or refreshed
- 9 speaking engagements
- 2 major research reports
- A fine-tuned Narrative Strength Assessment
- A well-working Narrative Building Workshop
- Reliable, vetted narrative-building methodology
- One very valuable tech partnership.
- A revised website
- A sideline in propaganda and narrative warfare analysis
We need to thank a few people for their support, advice, and encouragement:
- Carmen Medina @milouness – We have enjoyed Carmen’s focus, humility, generosity and exceptional industry insight.
- Stowe Boyd @stoweboyd – Stowe has been a mentor and supporter since long before Narrative Builders were but a twinkle in Deb’s eye.
- Brad Palmer – our first year would have been a disaster without Brad’s support. He graciously supported my dream, even though it meant leaving @jostle at the time. I have not forgotten.
- Ken Fischer – Ken’s development team has been fantastic at making narrative dreams come true through website development, SEO management, and a number of other magical technologies for making an impact in the market. Thanks, Ken!
The future vision
Ironically, the one thing we’ve not done well these last three years is to share our work, our ideas, and our inspirations. We’re going to try to fix this with a weekly list of things we’ve seen, thought or worked on that you may also find interesting.
We are also going bigger and better with new design and PR partners this summer who will help us deploy our narratives end to end – stay tuned for news on that front.
The celebratory pitch.
The narrative strength assessment has been a very effective tool for helping leaders to start thinking in terms of narrative – we can guide people through a quick self- assessment in about 20 minutes. If you’d like a complimentary online assessment, drop me a line. We will offer 2 free assessments per week through July. Why? Because it is fun and interesting. And, we’re growing.
The best is yet to come!